Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Organization with School Supplies

Fatima over at Fur Lined Toilet Seats invited me to join her with my organizational tips for my kids. 

One of the most recent things I have done is use a corner cabinet to house our standard, everyday school supplies.

I found some small caddies in the dollar section a few weeks back and assigned one to each of the kids.  If they have something that belongs specifically to them it goes in their caddy.

Then I have a small set of 3 drawers where I keep:
Drawer 1: stapler and post-its
Drawer 2: pencils, erasers, and hand-held pencil sharpener
Drawer 3:  glue sticks and scissors.

Then we have a specific place for coloring books and another for magazines, that can be cut up for projects.  A few other commonly used odds and ends just sit on the shelf.

Next to my cabinet I have another set of drawers that houses our commonly used art supplies, that the kids have to have permission to use, but are now easily accessible.  In these drawers are stickers, stamps, paint, beads, foam shapes and ink for my printer, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that same set of plastic drawers for our art supplies, only we have two of them. I guess great minds think alike, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I need to try those plastic drawers for organizing our stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.