Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break?

Kent told me this morning as we were starting school that he thinks we need to have Spring Break this week like everyone else. 

I got to tell him that he is getting Spring Break from his CIM Science class, but that we took a break from school when Pa and Mimi were here, so we aren't taking one now.

Then Kent proceeded to tell me that we should have some extra double days of school this week so we can take some days off next week for Spring Break. 

I got to tell him that we are trying to have some extra double days of school and that maybe we will take one day off next week.

I didn't tell him that we are trying to get a few extra double days of school in so we can finish school earlier and I will hopefully have extra "packing for moving" time or that the day we take off next week will still be a school day, it just won't be a day filled with regular lessons.

Besides, why does he need Spring Break?  He just wants to play and then ask me what he can do when he can't think of anything else to do himself. 

Well, Kent, I'd love to have a little extra time off too, but I can see the benefits of trying to get a little more done now, as we might need to have the time off later.

2 comments:

  1. LOL - so cute! Sounds like a very resourceful young man :) I love the name Kent btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! "He just wants to play and then ask me what he can do when he can't think of anything else to do himself." SO TRUE! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.