Pages

Monday, December 26, 2011

Nativity Memories

 


 When I was a girl, I remember playing with a nativity set similar to the one on the right.  I spent time arranging Mary, Joseph, Jesus, the shepherds and animals, and the wisemen.  I remember play acting the Christmas Story every year and making the wisemen travel and not arrive to see Jesus until after Christmas.  I have enjoyed watching and listening to my children play with their nativity set this year like the one below.  I think having a hands on nativity for little children is key to helping them learn and remember the story of my Savior's birth.  Plus the memories they are making adds to the joy of Christmas.

Do you have any special Christmas Nativity memories?

1 comment:

  1. The set does look very similar. I checked my pieces. I only have M, J, and Jesus, and a cow and donkey. The cow, donkey and Jesus are posed the same, but Mary and Joseph are posed differently. Glad you enjoyed the emories!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.