Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bountiful Basket #5

This is what came in our Bountiful Basket this past Saturday.


We ordered an organic basket, the Italian Veggie Pack and organic 9-grain bread.  I received the broccoli as a thank you for volunteering, as well.

We've been enjoying it.  I made quiche with chard, mushrooms, onoion, bacon and cheese and EVERYONE liked it.  We served fruit on the side.  I added zucchini, mushrooms and fresh basil to our pasta sauce.  I made fresh guacamole and spread it on tortillas and rolled them up with a slice of ham for my lunch yesterday.  I used fresh rosemary and onion in seasoning our roast chicken on Tuesday.

Update:  I also made Veggie Soup to serve with cornbread on Friday and Used the leftover soup with spicy sausage and rice on Saturday.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.