Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

U-NEEKS Card Review

This month I had the opportunity to review some friendship cards by Dayspring through (in)courage.

Cards...they are fun to send and fun to get.  It makes my day when I receive an encouraging word from someone.  If it is a card or note that comes in my mailbox it serves as a reminder more than once that someone I know is thinking about and praying for me.


As I looked through the selection of cards I was sent, I thought the silly animal pictures on the front of them would make them perfect to send to kids and "kids at heart" or for kids to send.  Since I have a few children, who I thought might have fun picking a card for someone, I laid them out for everyone to choose one.  Then we read the inside and tried to think of someone they knew whom they could send some encouragement.  Kaomi chose to give her friendship card to her Sunday School teacher.  Katy's card was a birthday card so she sent it to her cousin who has a birthday next week.  Kent had a get well card and he chose to send it to someone in our Bible Study Group who wasn't feeling well on Sunday.  I chose to send my card of encouragement to a friend who recently had a death in their family.




This was a fun activity to do with my kids and they had to think who would fit with the card, rather than just sending it to whomever they were thinking they might want to write to.  It's a good way to get out of a rut.  

At first, I was a little disappointed with the simpleness of what was written inside the cards, but as we started working on this project I found that I liked that there was quite a bit of space inside them to personalize them as the sender wished to do.   The simpleness of the cards actually turned out to be something I liked after all.*

My challenge to you:  Pick a random card and see if you know someone that it fits.  Then send it to them right away.  Then do it again tomorrow.

     This month when you use the code SpecialShip! you can receive free shipping on any Dayspring Card Pack.



*These are my own opinions.  I received these cards to review and have not been compensated in any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review and for linking up. I hope you and your (adorable!) kids have enjoyed the cards. :)

    Kaitlyn at (in)courage

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.