Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gluten and Dairy Free Rice Krispy Treats

I thought I'd share one of the recipes we made on our baking day.  I altered our Rice Crispy Treat Recipe and they were really good.

Gluten and Dairy Free Rice Crispy Treats

8 cups gluten free rice krispies
7 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
5 1/4 Tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
colored sugar (optional)

Grease 13 x 9 pan or a large sheet pan with coconut oil.
Melt marshmallows and coconut oil in large microwave safe glass bowl for  1 minute and 30 seconds.  Stir with greased scraper.  Microwave 1 minute more.  Stir again and microwave in 20 second increments until marshmallows are melted.  Add vanilla.  While stirring add rice krispies.  Mix until all rice krispies are coated.  Turn out into greased pan and press flat with greased scraper.  Sprinkle with colored sugar, as desired.  I find it easiest to cut them right away, before they cool with my pizza cutter (greased).  Then when it is time to take them out of the pan I run the pizza cutter along the same lines, but I'm not fighting the hardend, sticky marshmallow mixture.


We wrapped each one individually in plastic wrap and put a Christmas sticker on the top to make them festive.  Now they are ready for whenever we need them.

I'm linking this up to From Grandma Loy's Kitchen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.