Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Tomato Sauce

About a month ago I had the opportunity to take home some tomatoes that were headed for the trash.


 They were starting to mold and had small bad spots.  I wouldn't have purchased them, but they were FREE to me.  I diced them up.

 That's almost twenty cups of diced tomatoes.  Did I mention I didn't buy them?
They turned into five pints of tomato sauce.  Which was on my shopping list to get and I got to cross it off without ever going to the store.  We've already used one pint and it was better than the canned stuff.  Yippee!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! I am your sister in using up the tomatoes that no one else wants!
    I think I do a post about picking and working a big sink full of tomatoes every summer.
    Can I share one with you? http://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/2014/10/salsa-grande.html
    :)
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.