Last week I was too tired to do much. I'm still trying to finish my bedroom. I had one day to work in the closet, so we worked hard to see how much could get done. My sister-in-law came over to help for a little while. Sometimes having a helper provides the energy needed to work on the job better.
I put a movie on for the kids, so we would hopefully be able to work without much interruption for a while. We worked together and got a lot accomplished. We tossed some stuff that didn't need to be kept, almost filled another large giveaway box, condensed a few items into a smaller space, put several things away and put all the photographs into the same container/area in the closet, and straightened up some areas.
There is still work to be done in the closet, but it is nice to have gotten as much done as we did in just a couple hours.
On the left is the before area of my space we worked on. Most of what was on the floor has been put in it's place and I now have room to actually walk up to my shelf and closet rod. I also took several items off the hanging rod that I don't think I will ever wear again for the giveaway. On the right is where we have some storage. We went through and removed two large boxes and straightened up this area somewhat. The things I knew what they were we left for me to work on some other time.
We didn't work on cleaning the shelves, but most of what is up there is labeled. It is a mixture of storage and items belonging to my husband or I.
This week's cleaning project is the master bathroom.