Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Mayonnaise on What!

Yesterday at church I was talking with a friend about how we get our kids ready for church, meal planning and picky eaters.  Somehow we got on the topic of spinach.  Her son likes sauteed spinach with lots of garlic and black pepper; I like spinach with mayonnaise on it. 
Why do I like spinach with mayonnaise on it?  It's what my father did, so I called my Dad.  "Dad, why do you put mayonnaise on spinach your spinach and broccoli?" 
"I don't know," he answered "my father did it.  Do you do that, too?" 
"Yes, I do."
Today I called my Grandpa.  "Grandpa, why do you put mayonnaise on your spinach and broccoli?"  Grandpa simply answered, "Because I like it that way." 
I don't know if Grandpa's father did it, too, but I like his answer.  I like it that way, too.
My Dad also told me that my Grandpa also likes tomatoes with mayonnaise and sugar on them.
I prefer my tomatoes with mayonnaise or ranch dressing, no sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy like mayo on his banana sandwiches (instead of Peanut Butter like any normal person).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suanna,
    I talked to Dad (Grandpa) right after you did and he said His Father and Mother ate it that way. I have to agree simply said “I like it that way” so does Grandma P. passing on the tradition to those who like it.
    Love DAD

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.