Another way to save on food costs is to work to incorporate your leftovers into your menu or future meals. If you have to throw it away, then you are wasting the food you could have used and having to buy more. If you missed the other posts in this series you can read them by clicking on the button above.
Here are my tips for using up leftovers.
1. Make sure you put your leftover food away shortly after your meal.
2. Package leftovers into lunch size portions and put in fridge for the next day or two or freeze for a future lunch.
3. Make sure if you buy something like fruit that you use it before it spoils.
4. Put leftover vegetables all in the same container and save them in the freezer to add to soups.
5. If you don't have enough leftover _______________, can you add it to something else that week to make it stretch or give variety to another dish you are making?
6. Make an omelet and add leftover bits of meat or veggies to it.
7. If you don't see yourself using the leftovers within a couple of days, put them in the freezer and label them well.
What do you do with leftovers?