Over last weekend I worked in my garden, taking out the dirt and putting new weed barrier in the bottom of the garden on the left. The weed barrier was in better shape than I was expecting, so I may not replace it in the other gardens. Clark (3) helped me move the dirt from the garden into a bucket. We still need to clean out the garden on the right, but we are closer to being ready to plant when the time comes.
Monday, while I worked on my kitchen counters Clark and Quinn ran around in their capes pretending to be Batman. The girls were working on finishing cleaning their room from the weekend and Kent was working on his room, too.
I turned the 20# of tomatoes on the counter into sauce and while the sauce was cooking I shelled the cowpeas that were sitting on the counter, from my garden in the fall. There was about a pound of them. Then I cleaned more of the counter. The tomatoes made almost 7 quarts of sauce, which is now in my pantry. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get a picture of my clean counter, before I used the kitchen again, but it is much less cluttered now.
While working on the tomato sauce, I was also trying to help the girls get some organization to their messy room. They now have a system of checking a set of toys in to get a different set off of their closet shelf. So far it seems to be working pretty well. They have their dolls, dress-up, stuffed animals and a few other small odds and ends that are available all the time.
Here's the "rules" posted on their closet door.
Later in the week I cleaned the oven and stove top.
Click the button to find out the details for next week's cleaning challenge.