Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Intentionally Enjoying My Family - At Church

As a homeschooling mom of five lively and wonderful children I can easily get focused on the "have to dos" and forget to spend time on developing relationships and having fun with my spouse and children.



This is the first post in a series of Intentionally Enjoying My Family.  Come along with me as I go on an adventure over the next six weeks to make time for fun.

I've noticed over the last several months that being a wife and mom has been very trying.  I'm not sure if it's because of having a new baby last summer or if I have just forgotten God's plan for me.  I've realized that I have to spend so much time focusing on the mundane everyday life that I don't seem to have time for anything else.  Then, last month we weren't having school so I was focusing on trying to do things with the kids and having some extra fun.  Along with the everyday tasks I realized I was having fun and my stress levels seemed to be lower too, even with trying to be ready for company every week.

I know that January and February can be hard months for moms as they stay indoors more and can begin to "go crazy", so I wanted to intentionally try to ward that craziness off in my own life and I hope you will join me and find fun ways to interact and have fun with your own family as well.

On New Year's Day I enjoyed sitting in church with Felicity quietly, snuggling in my lap.  Jeff was sitting next to me with Clark sleeping in his arms and the three oldest were sitting in their seats quietly listening or drawing in their notebooks.  Felicity usually goes to her Sunday School Class while we are in church, so it was precious to have her join the rest of our family in church these last two Sundays.  Within the next year she will begin to join us on more Sundays, but I enjoyed seeing how well she did and seeing that having her sit quietly while I read books to the older kids has helped teach her how to sit still and be quiet for church.

Now I'm off to find more ways to Enjoy my Family.  Check back next Thursday to see what I found to do.

1 comment:

  1. What a refreshing post, and a great reminder that I need to do this too! I often think I spend a lot of time doing things for my kids ( cleaning, laundry, etc.) and not enough things WITH my kids. This is our first year homeschooling and I am trying to relax and enjoy our days, and my kids more!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.