Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 2 in Our Homeschool - Fall 2013

With having so many young children in the house it is almost never quiet.  There is a cacophony of sounds that surrounds our homeschool day.  Children are asking for help in the lessons, reviewing memory work, doing their math or other questions out loud, playing  and making all kinds of sounds.  Sometimes there is crying and grumpiness and more often there is laughter and fun.  Kent has some kind of need to almost always be talking or making some kind of noise.  If there is a moment of silence it is rare.  The sounds in our home are often loud, but I enjoy knowing that they are because we choose to school at home and I get to stay home with my children to hear them growing up.   Sometimes I wonder how any learning can take place with all the noise, but it does and the children do learn.  If a child needs to concentrate they may try to find a quieter room or corner to sit in while they work.  Whispering is occasional when we remember to use a quiet voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.