Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 6 in Our Homeschool - Fall 2013

Felicity and Clark have been learning about "The Christmas Story" for school this week, so they have been retelling the story using our Little People Nativity Set. 

Find some kitchen chairs in the living room and put them back at the table in the kitchen.

Katy's been having attitude about math this week.  She's not struggling with it, she just doesn't want to do it.  I gave her an ultimatum that she needs to shape up her math and do it right with a good attitude and get caught up to where I think she is supposed to be this week or she will not go to an event this weekend that she has been looking forward to attending.  I'm not sure how I will make that happen, but I will find a way (hopefully I won't have to).

After I gave Katy her ultimatum, I spent 4 minutes rolling up 1/2 roll of trash bags that Clark was dragging around the house.  I found myself laughing a his silliness, even though this isn't the first time.

Kaomi wasn't happy that she got a 62% on her fifth math review this week.  I think that she didn't completely understand the directions for a couple of the problems.  Sometimes she writes her numbers backwards and that factors into her answers as well.  She got an 81% on her fourth review this week, too.  Overall she is doing well, but she hates having to make math corrections.

Kent wants to know if he can take a break "now".  I told him to play with Clark.

We loaded into the van without mishap and went to a doctor appointment.  While there the Dr. wanted to know what it is like to shop with all the kids.  I let him know that I seldom grocery shop with all the kids, because I can't concentrate on finding what I need to get.  Leave and go to Walmart, because if I don't get something for supper we will have to do something else or eat cereal.  Spend a lot of time telling the kids to stay with me and keep their hands off and...checkout and tell the cashier I'm tired when she asks how I'm doing.  On the way home I realize I was in Walmart for at least an hour and a half.

Get the van unloaded, send kids to finish schoolwork or go outside and throw something together for my lunch, because I didn't have time to eat before we had to leave.  Feed Quinn.  Wish for a nap and try to focus on the pile of schoolwork that has been on the table all week.

Put on signing time for Clark, but he decides he's not interested and repeatedly gets in trouble.

I notice that there is a kitchen chair in the living room again.

Kaomi is playing with Lissie and Clark, so I try to finish the schoolwork pile, but my mind isn't thinking very clearly and now I have to figure out what to make for supper too.  I'm overwhelmed with all the noise of kids, the TV, and my mind trying to figure out what I need to do next.  So I work on my blog.  Then tackle the school work pile.  Oh wait, that didn't happen I heard odd sounds coming from my bedroom and Clark was in there playing with pliers.  I don't even know where he found the pliers, since they belong in the garage.  Then I tackled the school work pile...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.