Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 9 in Our Homeschool - Fall 2013

For teaching Reading I'm using The Ordinary Parents' Guide to Teaching Reading.  Kaomi progress slowly through the first part of this book last year and now she is going at a much quicker pace, often completing two lessons without any struggles.  She enjoys reading and will often be found practicing her reading skills on all kinds of books, even chapter books.  I'm not sure if she has ever finished a longer chapter book, but I know she has read several sections from many.  Kent and Katy have a pretty good grasp on reading and for their school reading lessons we use the Drawn into the Heart of Reading program.  Even though they read different books and are in different levels I can use the same teachers' guide.  As we study through a genre there are several lessons that we do together.  I enjoy the aspect of learning together, but still having days where I get to work one on one listening to them read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.