Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 5 in Our Homeschool - Fall 2013

This year I've had to start assigning homework.  Most of the time we are able to complete everything that I need to teach for the day before 3:00 pm.  I have one child in particular who likes to be distracted which has caused me to institute a new rule that any assignments not completed by 3:00 are homework and still need to be completed that day, even if they have to stay up past bedtime.  That means if you have homework you get no play time until it is done.  Sometimes I feel mean instituting this, but I think that a certain child would skip school, by not doing the assignments if allowed.  I do occasionally grant lenience if I think there are other circumstances in our life that may have prevented them from completing everything on time.  I don't feel that the assignments are too hard to complete in the time allowed for them during school either or I would be seeking to make changes in what I assign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.