Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 14 in Our Homeschool - Fall 2013

We try to go to the library every week or two.  It is a great resource for books when we are studying a certain topic in school.  When I plan ahead I can put a hold on books that we want to borrow from our own library as well as other libraries that are in our consortium.  The kids enjoy borrowing books that go along with their interests.  Sometimes I give the kids an assignment to look for books on a specific topic or genre.  Then they get to peruse the shelf looking for a book in the criteria that interests them.  They can also ask the librarians or me for help when they don't know where to look or can't find what they want.  Yesterday we came home with books about octopi, mysteries, American Girls, football, healthy eating, and thanksgiving as well as many others.  I didn't give any specific assignments, but you can see that there is quite a variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.