Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Hidden Art of Homemaking - The First Artist

 

 My Dad gave me the book "The Hidden Art of Homemaking" for Christmas in 2010.  I have had it in my pile of books to read, so when I saw that there was going to be a book study over at My Homey Haven I decided it was time to read.  I'll be sharing interesting tidbits and ideas that I come across here and plan on linking up to the host of this book study each week.

Chapter 1 - The First Artist

This chapter takes a look at God and how he has created everything with such detail and definition.  He created it all perfect at the beginning of time.  He also created man in his own image.  That means that I have been created with the ability to be an artist like God, but because I'm not perfect due to the sin in my life my artistic abilities are not perfect.  I never would have thought of myself as an artist.  My artistic talent is limited, but I hadn't really ever thought that there are other creative outlets in my life that don't revolve around me painting or drawing a picture.  I'm excited to be reading this book and see what I can learn about God's plan for the artistic talent in my life.  I like how we can see God's creativity through his creation - plants, trees, rocks, sunsets, sunrises, the wide variety of colors.  I'm looking forward to when I get to go to heaven and see what perfection God has created in its entirety.


Linking up with:

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the first chapter and I, too, am looking forward to continue my reading. It will be exciting to discover the creativity bubbling out of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiring gift for your dad to give you! I have to admit that I've had my book for several years. When we moved to our current home and unpacked the items we had in storage I found it and was much more interested in reading it this time around. I love that you decided to join the book study- it encourages me to know that other women will benefit from this book as well. Thanks for sharing what you've learned so far and what you hope to learn. Blessings! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from my readers and reading your comments.